Reaching Out in Love
Our ministries seek to include all members of our church family and community. Outreach happens when we sense the power of Jesus in our own lives and in the life of our congregation here at Zion. It happens when our church building, as well as our own hearts, becomes a welcoming place where laughter, informality, and a sense of homecoming greets people as they walk in the door. It happens when we remember that Jesus commands us to love our neighbor and to care for and serve our community with joy and thanksgiving. At Zion we share our time, money and talent to strengthen and support our community and to share God’s good news in the following ministries:
- New! – Connect Transformational Ministry Process – Click Here to Learn More
- Clothed in Compassion – A free clothing program open the first and third Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the old church basement. Volunteers meet each Thursday to organize and prepare clothing for the public.
- Cafe Compassion – A free breakfast open to the community and served the first Saturday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the new church.
- Choir – Meets on Monday nights at 7:00 p.m. New members are welcome!
There are also many opportunities for congregational service and fellowship including:
- Weekly Quilting Group 9:00 a.m. Wednesday Mornings
- Weekly AA meeting 8:00 p.m. Sunday Evenings
- Friends of Zion
- Faith Mission
- Nursing Home Card Games
- Crossroads Bible Institute
- World Hunger Auction
- ELCA Mission
- Bristol Food Pantry
- Prayer Ministry
- Adopt a Road Program
- Spring/Fall Road Cleanup Days
- Thrivent Chapter
- Long Range Planning
- Personnel Committee
- Cemetery Committee